I adore cookery books and I’m an avid collector. I’m pleased to see that my collection of Polish cookery books is growing as interest grows in Eastern European cuisine. I recently reviewed From a Polish Country House Kitchen for The Foodie Bugle, and attended the launch party at The Polish Embassy in London, which I’ll be writing about very soon.
Here are some of my favourite Polish cookery books, in order of publication date. White Plate is the latest.
- Kuchnia Polska, Various Authors, 1971
- The Polish Kitchen, Mary Pininska, Grub Street Books, 2000, new edition
- Rose Petal Jam, Beata Zatorska and Simon Target, Tabula Books, 2011
- From a Polish Country House Kitchen, Anne Applebaum and Danielle Crittenden, Chronicle Books, 2012
- White Plate Słodki ~ Sweet, Eliza Mórawska, Dwie Siostry, 2013